Friday, September 17, 2010

New Cocoon Pattern is here!!


Ok, so I worked pretty hard yesterday trying to get the pattern converted, and finished it late last night. :) It's not exactly the same, but it is pretty close. One major difference is I didn't have the buttons to put on it, so mine is buttonless.. Though I was thinking if making a few crochet star buttons or something cute like that... That'll have to be another post later.

So, I used Bernat Baby's Breath yarn and I bought 2 skiens and ran out just a few rows from the end... Hence the fuzzy feet on mine. And these pictures were just taken with my phone using my daughter's "babies" as models.. Haha. I'll have to get better pictures later, I'm just so excited I got it done, I wanted to post it!
It doesn't have a hood, but depending on how you snuggle your lil' one up, it can go up around their head. :)


So, here it is!

GAUGE:
5 st and 4 rows = 2 inches All in SC
I actually figured out the gauge conversion to put on here, but I don't think it's totally necessary as it didn't always seem to match up as I worked the pattern, but here it is anyway. :)

PATTERN:

CH 61  It should measure about 20", but if it's a little off, don't worry about it. it'll still be fine.

Row 1:SC in 2nd Ch from hook and each st across.
Row 2: Ch 2, Hdc in each stitch across.
Repeat row 2 21 more times, until your piece measures about 10" from top to bottom. This is going to be the flaps at the top. Then, fold in half and join to the Ch 2 of the beginning of the row you just worked to form a ring. PLace a marker where you joined and move it up at the end of each round finished. Do not join.

Row 24: HDC in each st around.
Rnd 25: Hdc 7, Sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 26: SC all stitches
Rnd 27: Hdc6, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 28: sc all stitches
Rnd 29: Hdc5, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 30: sc all stitches
Rnd 31: Hdc4, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 32: sc all stitches
Rnd 33: Hdc3, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 34: sc all stitches
Rnd 35: Hdc2, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 36: sc all stitches
Rnd 37: Hdc1, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round 
Rnd 38: sc all stitches
Rnd 39 Hdc1, sc2tog* repeat from * to end of round
Finish off leaving a long tail to weave the small opening closed. Much like you would to make the top of a stocking hat. If there is still a small opening, you can leave it or simple stitch it closed. Now, it's as complete as the one I've made so far. Here's some more pictures.. Then about the buttons..
This is what it looks like laid out. You can even see my whoopsie on the edge of the flap.. Oh well.. 
One way to wrap a baby up, even without the buttons!
Another wrapping idea.


Now, the knitted directions said to sew the buttons on at about 3.5 and 7" from the top edge, but said nothing of button holes. I have an idea for this, but I haven't gotten to test it yet, so I'll have to add it on later. But here is a basic pattern. If you have any questions, feel free to comment, and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment